Friday, May 15, 2009

When my mom was 16 she went to D.C. and she went to the statue "The Awakening". Now, 24 years later I'm in D.C., and got to go to the same statue. When I left for out trip she told me we needed to go to this statue, so Mr. and Mrs. L. took us. I've seen pictures of my mom in the statue's mouth and I thought that it was bigger, but I forgot that she was a 80 lb 16 year old and I'm far from that, so the statue doesn't look as big when I'm next to it. Last night when I was talking to my mom, she was all excited about me going to the same place she was when she was my age, So she sent me a picture of her in the statues mouth, and said I have to take one just like hers. When I got to the statue I realized I was too big to be inside its mouth like my moms picture. The mouth was full of water from the storm the night before, so my picture is different, my feet are inside the mouth just far enough so they don't get soaked, and I had to sit on the lips. 24 years ago my mom took a picture inside "The Awakening" mouth, and today so did I, and I can't wait to show it to her :) Nikki (The statue had been moved from the National Mall to National Harbor and we had to look it up on the internet to find it. Mrs. L)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found it and were able to get this picture. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete